Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why is it weekends fly...

and the week days don't?  While not complaining, I never can quite figure out where all the hours in a weekend really go.  But I do have to admit, mine was FULL.  Friday I joined a friend for lunch and we went antiquing.  I found a really cool metal container with lots of sections that I am anxious to add some life and color back into.  It is pretty rusty, but my husband swears it won't be any problem getting it out.  And now that he has painted an entire car, I know I can talk him into painting "this little thing".  I love all the little divided sections and that the rows are graduated.  I am thinking mini misters will fit in this very well.  My friend suggested paint brushes and markers...hmm, maybe the new Distress Markers By Tim Holtz once I FINALLY get my hands on em!  :)

I know it doesn't look like much now...but a little paint will do wonders.  I am not sure what this container even is or was, but it was a mere $15 and it's mine now. We finished Friday nite by joining our neighbors for dinner at Logan's {one of our favorite places to eat}. 

Saturday was my Scrap Happy Workshop...it was a great class with lots of fun gals.  A BIG thanks to all of you that were there...along with my "mailers" {yes, Ginger, you are one of em}.  If it weren't for you crazy scrapbookers, I wouldn't have my teaching job. 

Today I wrapped up my last project for Tuesday's Do Me A Favor Workshop.  It's one of the 4 favors we will be creating in class.


With all the new product at ETC, it's hard to decide what to use on projects.  Jillibean's wood flags, My Mind's Eye twine, and printed paper from Pebbles and Lily Bee Design along with May Arts ribbon were all incorporated into this little creation.  I am a big fan of mixing product from many manufacturers to create a unique look.  It is amazing that so many of the colors work together.

I still have 4 spots open for my favor class on March 27th so if you'd like to join me, just call ETC {480.854.2303} and sign up.  

It's been a full {and fun} weekend. Now it is off to kitting for Tuesday's class as I repeat to myself "I will not go onto Pinterest today, I will not go onto Pinterest today, I will not..."
Wish me luck,
Kelli
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment