Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday...came and went

which means only 3 more to go until a weekend.  I LOVE my four 10 schedule, at least on Fridays {giggle}.

Putting the final touches on the baby shower decorations this past weekend.

Here's a sneak peek of what I have put together so far.  LOTS of the items are one of a kind thrifted pieces, which make this so special and unique.   Lots of old glass containers, books, vases, linens. lace and trims are mixed in with new items. 

This cute little sign welcoming a baby girl is printed on Bazzill cardstock and attached to an old thrifted clipboard adorned with with, lace, beads and trims.  A glass bird is perched on a saucer that is glued op top of a candlestick holder, making it more elegant and providing some height.  An old pewter sugar bowl is filled with plastic vintage leaves for a little touch of greenery.

One of my favorite thrifted finds is the two heavy metal letter blocks.  They are actually little banks.  I love the letters and the little animals that correspond with each of the letters.  I also love the little white wrought iron candle holder just to the left of the banks. I popped two battery operated tea lights into each of the glass domes to provide light but eliminate the mess of candle wax.

On the far right you will notice a large wooden bird cage that Jenaye bought when she worked at Nordstroms.  I think I need to elevate it a bit more, but I thought the size was so perfect.  Just to the left of the bird cage is an old fashioned prize ribbon that I made.  I found the neatest pink ribbon, that was imprinted with "IT'S A GIRL", about 10 years ago when I was in California.  And yea, it has set in my cupboard UNUSED, that is until this weekend.  Now I am so glad I bought a large roll of it.  I used that piece for the bottom.  And how cute is the little piggy bank that is white with pink polkadots, a Goodwill score. 

I love being able to pull it all together to create a large display.  Here's a close up of the center.  After making the prize ribbon loops, I added a lace center, adorned with an old earring. 

If you look closely, now that you know the ribbon has "IT'S A GIRL" imprinted in gold on it, you'll see a bit of it in the photo below.
The invitations are created, just have to print the shower details, cut them out and glue them inside the invitations I made.  They should be in the mail by Wednesday or Thursday.  :)

I seriously love celebrations and everything involved with making them come to life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment