Friday, October 12, 2012

B Chic Project

I just finished up my B Chic project for the October 27th workshop.  I used a burlap stretched frame, added some paint, printed paper, lace, buttons, flowers and trims to create a magnet note/photo board.  It is a great little project that went together fairly quickly.  Of course I painted mine to give more of a worn look, but you could also give it more of an even coat of paint if you didn't want the aged look.
  
Layers of lace and a row of vintage pom poms help add some vintage charm to the piece.  No modge podge to assemble either!  I simply used double sided tape to adhere the papers and the glue gun for the heavier things like the buttons, metal, lace bow and pom poms.  The frame is a nice size, measuring 12X12. 


The project is on display at ETC along with the Create 2012 projects.  Amy Totty made an amaZing CREATE banner at ETC that is displayed above all the projects by the back register.  Trust me when I say you are going to want it when you see it!  While the banner isn't part of the event, take some pictures and recreate it!  :)

Have a great weekend,
Kelli
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment