Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Weekend of the New Year

and we are half way through it.  If you are anything like me, the weekends fly by and there always seems to be enough to keep me busy!  :)

Sad to say, but it's time to pack up the holiday decorations til next year.  That includes these things as well...





 These were some of the decorations I added to the house this year.  In the top picture is an ornament from Patty that I got in an ornament exchange.  All the ornaments were just this good!  The little snowman jar topper was made in a little crafting group.  The adorable noel tray was a gift from a sweet friend, thanks Debbie C...I LOVE it!  :)

This was also one of the ornaments from the exchange...Suzi you are the soldering queen!  I tied this sweet ornament onto an old thrifted plastic wreath using some old vintage Christmas ribbon.  I tied it onto a stand I bought when I was shopping with my friend Kim.  I think it is an old advertising stand.  When I saw it I just couldn't pass it up, and I am so glad I bought it.  



Now that the holidays are over, I can paint this chair, which I have been trying to do for a couple of months and finish up this bedroom.  I still have lots to do, but I wanted to share a pic of the cutest pillows my mega talented friend, Lindsey Neill, made for me. 

I love them so much.  And they really do look amazing on the bed.  :)
These little guys are stacked up in between the two chairs in the room.  Still lots to do to finish the room and I hope to have it done by the time these two come home again.
I must admit, the room looks a little different, but it is still the one he grew up in.  :)

I am anxious to finish it up so I can move onto Jenaye's old bedroom.




1 comment: