Sunday, June 29, 2014

July 1st is tomorrow?

This summer is flying by.  Maybe because I have been so busy, maybe because I am getting older or maybe because we have a jam packed summer with LOTS of exciting changes:
  • Jenaye and Jackson are moving out into a house with a few of her girlfriends; 
  • Preston, Ashley and Zona are relocating from Denver; 
  • I am retiring from the City where I have worked for over 30 great years; 
  • my mom is taking me to the UK to celebrate retirement and spend time together; 
  • I am teaching at Inspiration Unlimited and 
  • we are starting some serious remodeling projects at the Collins' house.  
Life is good and I know I am lucky and blessed in so many ways.  :)

I am ready for my Do Me A Favor Workshop this Tuesday and The Club with Amy on Wednesday.  But I gotta be honest, this month snuck up on me!  I wasn't on the ball like I had been these past few months.  The good news...I am ready and I ALWAYS look forward to classes at ETC. 

Here's a peek at the projects for Tuesday night's Do Me A Favor.  There's only 2 spots left, so if you are planning on joining me...make sure you call and sign up on Monday so you have a spot!  :)  A BIG thanks to all of you that have already signed up and will be joining me. 

This over-sized treat box is made from the ADORABLE new MME Market Street {Ashbury Heights} paperline.  Another favorite paperline of mine.  The gold polkadots are metallic and if that isn't enough...the color combo is stinking cute!  The favor holds shredded tissue paper and the most amazing little salt water taffy from Trader Joes.  The cute colors of light pink, dark pink, pink swirl, light yellow and white coordinate well with this paperline.  And the flavors?  Cherry, Strawberry Banana, Red Licorice, Sour Apple and Watermelon.  Yum!  


This little bitty box is made from Bazzill/American Crafts cardstock and We R gold polkadotted vellum.  I have been paper crafting so long that vellum is back!  May Arts gold mesh metal ribbon is tied in a loopy bow and is also used on the front of the box as a little pull to reveal the treats...gold Hershey kisses. 


This little pouch is made with leftover paper from the over sized treat box.  It's adorned with a bright gold Happy Birthday seal from Pebbles.  Reminds me of the old stationary seals when I was a kid.  It's tied shut with a teal-y elastic trim that I bought while visiting South Africa.  Inside the holder is a little crinkle bag filled with 2 mini Ghirardelli bars...thanks Joyce for telling me about these.  They are the perfect size for this little favor!  :)


This tall back box holds a regular sized candy bar.  The sweet two sided paperline is from the "from Me To You" paperline from Pebbles.  It's adorned with a EK Success punched tag, a Bazzill/American Crafts paper flower and lace from my stash. 


While I had promised a Christmas favor/treat for this upcoming class, I jumped the gun.  This year's printed Christmas paper hasn't arrived yet.  But not to worry...when it arrives at ETC you can be certain I will be using it in class!

Here's to a happy week!
Kelli
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment