Saturday, July 6, 2013

First week of July

is almost gone.  Hard to believe, huh?

If you are wondering if I was able to get treats made for the peeps at work, I did!  Well, guess that isn't much of a challenge when you choose something quick and easy.  I filled little cello bags with red twizzler bites and tied them shut with Maya Road's silver and white twine cording.  I added a cute little tag that I had designed for one of my Do Me A Favor classes recently.

I love making little treats for the people I work with.  They always seem to enjoy them no matter how simple the treats are!  I was considering little sixlets, but with temperatures well over 100 degrees, I opted for something else.

I am still working on the baby shower, that is quickly approaching.  Here's the little favors I decided on.

 I am so in love with this precious new baby line from Echo Park!  The favors are made to coordinate with the invitations.

Here's the pieces needed to make these little favors:

* white mini lunch sacks - cut sack 4" from the bottom and put aside, we'll be using the top piece
* printed paper 3" x 4" for front
* printed paper 3" x 4" for bottom - scored at 1" along the 3" side
* printed paper 1.5" x 3" - scored at 1.5" along the 3" side
* white Bazzill cardstock 1" x 4"; 2" x 4"; and 1.5" x 3" - scored at 1.5" along 3" side
* Bazzill cardstock punched into a heart shape
* solid color Baker's Twine

If you are a VPI {Very Particular Person} aka perfectionist, punch a heart, fold it in half and punch a hole through both layers, open it up, lay it on top of another heart punch and use as a pattern to punch the holes in your hearts.  Kori and Cindy, I added this step for you girls!  :)

Adhere white cardstock to backside of matching pieces of scored printed paper (1.5" x 3" and 3" x 4". matching up sections to the score lines.   If you have 2 sided printed paper that both sides coordinate well, you can skip this step all together.  However, the extra backing helps make your favor more durable.

Place adhesive on the white 1" section of the 1" x 4" and adhere it to the bottom front section of the bag top.

Add adhesive to the white 3" section and adhere it to the bottom back section.

Adhering the larger section to the back makes the treat sack sturdier.

On the front side of sack, center (from the top and bottom) and adhere the 3" x 4" piece of unscored printed paper into place. 

Place adhesive on the back side of the 1.5" x 3" tab and adhere it to the top back section of the bag.

Adhere heart with the 2 hole punches to the front of the tab.  Use a japanese screw punch to transfer the holes to all layers of the bag and tab.

Add a flat-ish treat and then tie closed with twine and tie into big loopy bow.  If you  want to add a tag, glue it just under the bottom right side of the tab.  This way when the recipient opens the favor, there aren't any lose pieces.  Several of you know that is a pet peeve of mine!  Guess that makes me a VPI too!  :)

Quick and easy {if done assembly line style} which is the ONLY way to create more than one!  I have all the pieces cut and am headed over to my mom's tomorrow to enlist her help in making 24 more of these!

Bonus - you now have bottoms of bags to make more little favors with.  Save them and next week I will share a few ideas with you on how to decorate them. 

                                             {All supplies purchased at ETC in Mesa, AZ} 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I





No comments:

Post a Comment